Courses taught: Hotel Economics, Front Office Management, Event Management, Seminars, and Contemporary Issues and Equipment planning and management.
- Part-time lecturer- Rongo University College. Sep 2014 – Dec 2014
Courses taught: Computer Application in Hospitality, Introduction to Hotel Economics, Tourism Economics, and Service Operations Management.
- Diploma Lecturer. Moi University. Jan 2012 – Dec 2014.
Courses Taught: Computer application in hospitality, research methods, project work, communication and presentation skills, ICT use in events management, and events budgeting and control, events budgeting and fundraising.
- Lecturer. African International College, Kenya. Mar 2013 – Mar 2014
Courses taught: ICM; hospitality management, fundamentals of food and beverage management, restaurant management, housekeeping University of Eldoret: consumer behavior, restaurant management, food and beverage management, accommodation, facility management
- Lecturer. Worldwide Institute of Hospitality Management. Jun 2011 - Sep 2012
Responsibilities: Head of the discipline, IT manager. Courses Taught: KNEC courses; social studies, property management, front office operations, entrepreneurship, ICT, fundamentals of tourism, management information systems, human resource management
- ICT Technician. Hotel Horizon and Hotel Comfy and lodge Eldoret. July 2013 – August 201. Networking and Wi-Fi installation, system administrator and maintenance general hardware and software maintenance.
- Sarova Mara game camp. Industrial training. May 2010 - Jul 2010
Hands-on experience in the kitchen department, front office, bar and restaurant, housekeeping, bush dinner, and breakfast.
- Tsavo Park Hotels Limited: Ngulia Bandas. Industrial Training. May 2009 - Jul 2009
Gained a hands-on experience in all the departments.
- Moi University, Masters; Master of Philosophy in Hospitality Management, Sep 2011 - Present
Submitted final document for marking and awaiting final defense of the thesis.
- Moi University, Bachelors; BSc. Hotels and Hospitality Management, Oct 2007 - May 2011
Second class honors (upper division)
- Utumishi Academy, High School, K.C.S.E, Feb 2002 - Nov 2005
B+ 72 points
- Ranges View Academy, Jan 1997 - Nov 2001
Computer proficient - Introduction to computer repairs and maintenance, networking, MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Scientists).
Personal attributes - A team player with excellent communication skills with good influencing and persuading skills. Critical thinking, attention to details, achievement-driven, pragmatic and innovative.
Publications and conferences
- Muraya Moses, Korir Jacqueline, & Kimeli John K, EFFECTS OF FRAUD AND FORGERIES ON PERFORMANCE OF HOTELS IN NAIROBI KENYA. International Journal of Research, 2012.
- Presented a paper at Atlas Conference Dar-es-Salaam Tanzania. “Cybercrime effects on informational security of Kenyan hotels; A Case of Selected Hotels in Nairobi Kenya.” Theme: Tourism and Inclusive Growth in Developing Economies.
- Presented an academic paper “Fraud and Forgery Effects on Performance of Selected Hotels on Nairobi, Sep 2011” at the 7th annual international conference at Moi University. Theme: Knowledge creation & dissemination for the realization of millennium development goals.