Ag. Director, Endowment Fund
The MMARAU Endowment Fund was established by a resolution of the MMARAU Council. The Directorate envisions collaborations and partnerships with individuals, businesses institutions and corporations to support activities that will continuously increase income-generating projects to supplement the government-limited funding.
The objective of this Directorate is to creatively look for new sustainable ways of mobilizing resources through the establishment of an endowment fund. Consequently, the fund expected to guarantee a constant revenue flow to support Maasai Mara University’s teaching and research functions. The Endowment Fund is also tasked to advice the University on possible Investment Avenues to generate more capital to support university budget. The vision of the directorate is to make the University a knowledge center for teaching, research and skill development.
Some of the projects we intend to embark on are:
- Getting scholarships for needy students
- Building students’ hostels which will also have apartments to cater for visiting professors.
- Construction of College of Health Sciences
- Construction of a state of art university library
- Saving the Maasai Mara Ecosystem
- Propose investment in Eco-tourism and other viable ventures
We would like to appreciate:
- East African Portland Cement for their willingness to partner with us and support some of our projects.
- The Government of Kenya for 250 million grant towards the construction of a Modern Library.
|Mrs. Elizabeth Amondi
Admin Assistant, Endowment Fund
|Mrs. Getrude Mukabwa
Secretary, Endowment Fund