Maasai Mara University Office of Career Services and Students’ Advisement is the latest addition to other service departments in the University. The services of the Office are stated, inter alia, as academic advising, career services, counselling services, graduate tracker services, linkage between industries and students, high school recruitment, intra-institutional exchanges, apprenticeship services, creating sustainable alumni network, facilitating entrepreneur incubator, mentoring students’ ambassadors, organizing recruitment career fairs and promoting students’ participation in capital fairs. As a sub-system of Maasai Mara University system, the Office will be guided by is the University’s vision, which is: To be a world-class university committed to academic excellence.
Specifically, the Office of Career Services commits to:
- Assist students in Career Placement activities.
- Respond to student questions pertaining to career development exploration and placement procedures.
- Conduct career advisement sessions for current students, recent graduates and alumni.
- Maintain regular contact with employers for new jobs opportunities.
- Sort and submit qualified students,
- Empower students with CV writing, interview skills and job search strategies.
- Connect students and alumni to employers by facilitating students to participate in local career fairs, industry conferences and other networking events.
- Consult with academic deans to ensure that programs and services address student needs.
- Develop outreach programs to promote career advisement services among students.
- Establish an updated network of graduates from the University
- Promote intra-institutional exchanges for students and staff.
- Provide psychosocial counselling services to students.