Lecturer and Ag. Director of Postgraduate Studies
Mobile: +254 727408204
- Kodak, O.B.(2018) Images of HIV and AIDS in the School Environment in Kisumu City, Kenya, in Saudi Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences,Scholars Middle East Publishers, Dubai. Vol.3 Issue 2 ISSN 2415-6256 (Print) ISSN 2415-6248 (Online) DOI: 10.21276/sjhss.2018.1.2.2
- Kodak, O.B& Anudo C.N. (2017) A Conceptual Analysis of Love Metaphors in Selected Dholuo Popular Music, in International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, Vol. 6 Issue 3. ISSN 2278 – 0211 (Online)
- Kodak, O.B.(2017) Innovative Language use in Multimodal Discourses: A Case Study of the Always Television Advertisement, in International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies, Vol. 4 Issue 1. ISSN: 2394-4404 (Online)
- Okal, B.O., Yakub, A. and Kodak, B.O. (2016) The Underlying Paradoxes of the National Anthem of the Republic of South Sudan, in Saudi Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Scholars Middle East Publishers, Dubai. ISSN 2415-6256 (Print) ISSN 2415-6248 (Online) DOI: 10.21276/sjhss.2016.1.3.1
- Kodak, B.Maina, M. and Omondi, O. (2015) Innovation in the Language of Coca ColaTelevision Advertisements, inMediterranean Journal of Social Sciences MCSER Publishing, Rome-Italy, Vol 6 No 4 S2 ISSN 2039-2117 (online) ISSN 2039-9340 (print)
- Kodak, B.and Yieke, F. (2015) The Role of Visual Semiotics in Shaping the Face of HIV and AIDS Discourses in the Kenyan Media: A Case of a Newspaper Advertisement, in Multilingual Academic Journal of Education and Social Sciences,Vol 3 No 1 ISSN: 2308-0876 (online)
- Kodak, B.Maina, M. and Omondi, O. (2013) Manipulation of Kenyan Television Viewers through the Modes of Signification in Television Advertisements, in International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education and Development, Vol. 2, No. 2 ISSN: 2226-6348
- Kodak, B.Yakub, A and Yieke, F. (2012) The Semiotics of HIV/AIDS in Kenyan Newspapers in Madonna Journal of English and Literary Studies Vol. 2 No. 3,IFEVIC Publishers Ltd: Oba-Anambra State.
- Kodak, B.Maina, M. Omondi, O. and Yakub, A. (2012) Semiotic Discussion of Safaricom Advertisements, in Madonna Journal of English an Literary Studies Vol. 2 No. 2, IFEVIC Publishers Ltd: Oba-Anambra State.
- Kodak, B. (2010) Images of HIV/AIDS in the Kenyan Print Media.Saarbrucken: VDM Verlag DR. Muller & Co.KG ISBN 978-3-8433-8325-7
- Kodak, B. (2014) When the Sky Smiles and Other Stories by Ken Wasudi. ADK Business Consultants; Nairobi. ISBN 9966-7254-8-2
- E-Editor of the Chapter Shades of GNU in Zimbabwe (2009-13). Linguistic Representations of Transitional Politics in the Media;in Political Discourse in Emergent, Fragile and Frail Democracies (2016) E-Editorial Discovery.
Conferences and Seminars Attended
- EAST AFRICAN LITERARY CONFERENCE, UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM 24TH– 26THAUGUST 2017.
- THE 2nd INTERNATIONAL MAASAI MARA UNIVERSITY CONFERENCE ON INNOVATION, TOURISM AND ENTERPRENUERSHIP FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, 25TH-26THMAY 2016, NAROK.
- THE 10THJKUAT SCIENTIFIC, TECHNOLOGICAL AND INDUSTRIALIZATION CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITIONS. 12TH– 13THNOVEMBER 2015. JKUAT.
- SOCIETY OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND EVALUATION, 2NDINTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE. 28TH– 30THOCTOBER 2015. GABA ELDORET.
- GANAA 2012 Summer School on Multilingualism and Language Policies in Africa DAAD AFRICA CONFERENCE AT JOOUST, 9th-15thSeptember, 2012 BONDO.
Papers Presented at Conferences
1. A Critical Discourse Analysis of Selected Songs of Benga Maestro Dr. Osito Kalle.at the 3rd East African Literary Conference, University of Dar Es Salaam, TANZANIA.
2. Managing Personal Desires Through Advertisements of HIV and AIDS in the Print Media. At the 2nd International Maasai Mara University Conference On Innovation, Tourism And Entrepreneurship For Sustainable Development, Narok KENYA.
3. Innovative Language Use in Multimodal Discourses: A Case study of the Always Television Advertisement. At the 10thJKUAT Scientific, Technological and Industrialization Conference and Exhibitions, Juja KENYA.
4. Ni Poa Ku-Chill: Images of HIV and AIDS in the School Environment. At The 2nd SEREK International Conference, Eldoret KENYA.
5. The Changing Face of HIV and AIDS in Kenyan Newspapers. At the GANAA 2012 Summer School on Multilingualism and Language Policies in Africa Conference in JOOUST, Bondo, KENYA.
- Apondi Sarah, MA in Linguistics, Maseno University (Graduated 2015)
- Ogembo A. Mercy, MA in Linguistics, Maseno University (Ongoing)
- Koinange J. Cyprian, MA in Religious Studies, MMARAU (Ongoing)
- Watene D. Nganga, Ph.D in Educational Administration, MMARAU (Ongoing)