Lecturer, Education Phychology
CELL: +254-713-961928, +254-771-988-032, +254-735-367290, +254-715-520176
- The Influence of Parents’ Socio-economic Status on students’ Academic performance in Public Secondary Schools in Keumbu Division, Kisii County, Kenya. Lead Author: Kerubo Onyancha Faith. Published by IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Vol. 20 Issue 11, Ver. III (Nov. 2015), pp. 20-26, e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845 (www.iosrjournals.org)
- Published book entitled, Introduction to Educational Research Methods and Statistics, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN-13: 978-3-659-61435-4 Oct. 2014 Perceptions of Student Mentees on their Mentor Relationship and Effectiveness of the Mentoring Programs: A Case Study of Students in the Kenyatta University Mentoring Program, Nairobi, Kenya; Published in the Proceedings of the Fourth Annual International conference on Innovations for Advancement of Humanity (IFAH, 2014), held at Eldoret Polytechnic on 2nd to 4th July 2014. ISBN Reference No. 978-9966-1566-2-4
- Challenges Facing Teacher Trainees on Teaching Practice: The Case of Maasai Mara University Students, Narok County, Kenya; Publisher: African Journal of Education, Science and Technology (AJEST), Vol.1, No. 2, ISSN: 2309-9240, University of Eldoret.
- Effects of Examination Anxiety on Academic Performance of Students in Secondary Schools in Khwisero District, Kakamega County, Kenya; Published in the Proceedings of the third Annual International conference on Innovations for Advancement of Humanity (IFAH, 2013), held at Eldoret Polytechnic on 29th to 31st May 2013. ISBN Reference No. 978-9966-1566-2-4
- Adolescent Peer Pressure and Academic Achievement in Nairobi; Published by VDM Publishing House. ISBN/ISSN Reference No. 978-3-63928428-7 April, 2009 Relationship between Peer Attitudes towards School, Selected Peer Group Activities and Academic Achievement of Secondary School Students in Nairobi; Published in the Journal of Educational Research and Development, Volume 4, No. 1. A Journal of the Faculty of Education Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. ISBN/ISSN Reference No. 0794-4667
- Understanding Child Psychology for the Justice System: Facilitator’s Guide. A Manual for Pro Bono Lawyers in the Juvenile Justice; Published by The CRADLE – The Children’s Foundation (Wrote with Dr. P.W. Ndambuki)
- Strategies for Promoting Sports in Kenya; Published in the Journal of Educational Research and Development, Volume 2, No. 1. A Journal of the Faculty of Education Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. ISBN/ISSN Reference No. 0794-4667
- Nov. 2015 Participated in the ISSBD African Regional Workshop Held at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- 5 Sept. 2015 Relationship between Examination Anxiety, Locus of Control and Academic Performance of Students in Public Secondary Schools in Rural Khwisero SubCounty, Kakamega County, Kenya. Second International Interdisciplinary Conference on Global Initiatives for Integrated Development (IIC-GIID 2015) held from 2nd to 5th Sept. 2015 at Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Igbariam Campus, Nigeria (Paper Presentation)
- June 2015 A Quest for a Sound, Realistic and Practical Philosophy of Education in Kenya; Fifth Annual International Conference on Innovations for Advancement of Humanity (IFAH, 2015), held at Eldoret Polytechnic on 17th to 19th June 2015, Eldoret, Kenya. (Paper presentation)
- Feb. 2015 Attended a conference, Investing in Early Childhood Development for a Better World presented by Aga Khan University – Institute for Human Development, Nairobi, Kenya at Safari Park Hotel from 12th to 14th February, 2015
- Nov. 2014 Participated in the First Maasai Mara University International Conference held from 11th to 14th November 2014 at Maasai Mara University, Narok, Kenya.
- Aug. 2014 Parental Knowledge and Attitude towards Language of Instruction: A Comparative Study of Nursery and Lower Primary Pupils in Public Schools in Nairobi, Kilifi and Narok Counties in Kenya. The EARLI SIG5 Conference - Jyvaskyla, Finland, August 25 – 27, 2014. Group Paper presented on behalf by Dr. Kwena, Pwani University, Kilifi, Kenya.
- Aug. 2014 Challenges of Adjunct Faculty Experience in Kenyan Universities, Quality Education and Research Workshop held on 27th and 28th 2014 at Maasai Mara University, Narok, Kenya (Paper Presentation)
- Nov. 2013 Relationship between Academic Resilience and Academic Performance of Secondary School Students in Khwisero District, Kakamega County, Kenya; Eastern African Regional Conference of Psychology 2013, held from 6th to 8th Nov. 2013 at Silver Springs Hotel, Kampala Uganda, and organised by School of Business, Makerere University. (Paper presentation)
- Sept. 2013 Challenges Facing Teacher Trainees on Teaching Practice: The Case of Maasai Mara University Students, Narok County, Kenya; First Interdisciplinary Conference, held from 3rd to 5th Sept. 2013 at University of Eldoret, Eldoret, Kenya. (Paper presentation)
- July 2013 Perceptions of Student Mentees on their Mentor Relationship and Effectiveness of the Mentoring Programs: A Case Study of Students in the Kenyatta University Mentoring Program, Nairobi, Kenya; International Conference on Education in Africa, held on 18th to 20th July 2013 at Riara University, Nairobi, Kenya. (Paper presentation)
- 6 May 2013 Effects of Examination Anxiety on Academic Performance of Students in Secondary Schools in Khwisero District, Kakamega County, Kenya; Third Annual International Conference on Innovations for Advancement of Humanity (IFAH, 2013), held at Eldoret Polytechnic on 29th to 31st May 2013, Eldoret, Kenya. (Paper presentation)
- March, 2011 Issues in Learning Disabilities: The Way Forward; Kenyatta University, Nairobi (Attended) July, 2010 Test Anxiety in University Students in Kenya; International Conference organised by International Society for the Study of Behavioural Development (ISSBD) in Zambia, Lusaka. (Poster presentation)
- Nov. 2009 The 8th African ISSBD Regional Workshop Held at Maseno University Kisumu Hotel (Attended) Oct. 2005 The 6th Biennial Scientific Conference of the Africa Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport and Dance (AFAHPER-SD), held at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya (Attended)
RESEARCH CONSULTANCY AND PARTICIPATION
- 2014/2015 Peer Reviewer, The Cradle of Knowledge African Journal of Educational and Social Science Research Vol. 2, No.1 (2014) and No. 2 (2015), ISSN 2304-2885, owned by the Society of Educational Research and Evaluation in Kenya. Website: http://resk.kbo.co.ke
- Sept. 2014 Facilitator in the Staff Capacity Building: Pedagogical Skills Training of Lecturers, School of Education, Maasai Mara University, Narok, Kenya; Topic: Measuring and Evaluating Teaching and Learning Processes.
- July 2013 Facilitator in the Peer Counsellors Training Course on Self Awareness and Personal Development to Students’ Peer Counsellors of Kimathi University of Science and Technology, Nyeri, Kenya
- Nov. 2012 Facilitator in the Leadership Training Course to Student Leaders of Kimathi University of Science and Technology held at Kenya Wildlife Training Centre in Naivasha, Kenya
- July, 2009 Facilitator in the Child Counselling Course organized by the Gertrude’s Garden Children’s Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya
- 7 2009 Baseline Assessment of Childcare Services Targeting Children Aged 0-8 Years in Kibera Slum, Nairobi, Kenya. Funded by Care-Kenya
- 2008 An Assessment of Gaps in Policy and Service Provision for Childcare NeedsThe Case of Kiambiu Slum in Nairobi, Kenya. Funded by Care-Kenya
- 2008 A Survey of the Implementation of Food Crisis Response (FOCRES) in Kibera Informal Settlements, Nairobi Province, Kenya. Funded by CareKenya
- Sept. 2012 Evaluating the potential for improving child safety and security through housing and human settlement programming in Kenya. Principal researchers: Prof. Mitchell, McGrill University, Montreal, Canada , and Prof. Fatuma, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Aug. 2008 Assessment of in-Country Educational Research capacity in East Africa. Principal researchers: Prof. Kabiru Kinyanjui and Dr. Wawire Violet – Department of Educational Foundation, Kenyatta University. Funded by World Bank
- June, 2007 Sexual and Reproductive Health of Adolescents with Special Needs in Kenya: Implication for Policy Implementation. Lead researchers: Dr. Josephine Arasa, United States International University – Africa, Nairobi. Funded by CODESRIA
- July, 2005 A Bibliographic Analysis of the Research Work Carried out in the Statutory Children Institutions in Kenya (1990-2005). Kenyatta University (KU) – Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MOEST)/Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA) – German Development Cooperation (GTZ), Nairobi, Kenya
- July, 2004 Adolescents’ HIV/AIDS Awareness and Sexual Behavior Modification Project by the Kenya Association of Professional Counsellors (KAPC) and International Population Services (IPS), Nairobi, Kenya
- Oct. 2001 Assessment of the psychological impact of the Nairobi Bomb blast survivors and the healing process, conducted by the Amani Counselling and Training Centre and USAID in Nairobi, Kenya